Emergency truck towing service in Germany and Austria 24/7
More than 500
Trucks, bases, trailers
and other heavy vehicles
Full or partially loaded
trucks up to 60 tons
In all weather
With broken steering
Special towing services are needed to tow, recover, remove, evacuate or lift out a lorry with a crane. Not every towing service is allowed to provide these services.
It happens quite often that the truck cannot continue moving. There are various situations (not only technical ones) that lead to such cases.
The police or BAG can ban the traffic and demand that the car be cleared from the highway immediately. It is a common occurrence that they call evacuation services themselves. The price of the service makes the car owner sad.
Evacuation of trucks is difficult due to their large dimensions and weight.
Therefore, trucks with high capacity or platforms are needed. In some cases, even special equipment is required, equipped crane or magnetic mounts. Due to these facts, only specialized services can be considered for the evacuation of truck and trailers.
We provide you with roadside assistance, and organize Tow your vehicle to any desired location (parking or repair shop) across Germany in the hour of need. We try to get you back on the road as soon as possible.
The situations or reasons when Truck towing service is required
Most customers turn to us when the truck is no longer drivable due to a critical breakdown.
The following factors affect the cost of towing services in Germany
- The price will be higher if the police or BAG request a towing service.
- The size and weight of the vehicle, the need to use a special crane.
- Needed is one, two, three, four achse tow truck.
- The need to transfer the load to another container or trailer.
- The time spent in the parking lot of the towing service will be paid for additionally.
- Time of day/weekend or day of week.
If you are from a foreign country than Germany, you might be turned away or get overcharged prices.
The procedure of truck evacuation from the highway.
Each evacuation case is specific and depends on the damage to the truck, its size and weight, and the transport distance. We will choose the best evacuation option in each case, depending on your actual circumstances, the condition of the vehicle and the load.
It is necessary to remove the attached equipment (trailers and platforms) from the evacuated truck, as the equipment may be damaged during transportation.
The vehicle without cargo (cab and frame with two or three sets of wheels) hangs on the hook of the cable located on the tow truck.
The front axle is pulled to the tow truck by the winch mechanism. There, it is fixed with special clips.
We also offer the following services:
Real situations in which we have found the right solution and were of service to our clients
CASE. Truck towing from highway
Truck: MAN TGX
Geolocation: A71, exit 303 in direction Schweinfurt.
The customer is a Polish company. The truck MAN stopped on the Autobahn and driver tried to start it without success. The starter worked, but the car wouldn't start and the engine showed no sign of life.
At 11:30 p.m., a company dispatcher contacted us with a request for assistance.
Taking into account that it is forbidden to stop for a long time on the autobahn, it was necessary to urgently evacuate the truck to the nearest service station to find out the reasons and repair the damage.
The nearest free tow truck was found 30 km away from the location of the Truck and went to order immediately. At the same time the issue was resolved with a service station, which could urgently accept and carry out diagnosis and repair. The cause turned out to be a banal clogging of the fuel filter, which was replaced. The driver returned to the route without significant loss as early as 10.00 am.
- The truck towing service must be informed about certain things and the functioning of a truck to be towed, in order to be able to move the vehicle properly. That is why there are special towing services that specialize only in towing, recovering, and hauling trucks. The truck towing service has the necessary knowledge to safely transport the towed vehicle to the next workshop or exit.
- The driving license class E is a prerequisite to be allowed to tow. If this is not the case and no special permit is available, the driver of the vehicle being towed is liable for a fine. When towing, the driver of the towing vehicle only needs the driver's license for it.
- It is very important to unhook the cardan shaft when towing for a longer distance, otherwise damage to the gearbox can occur and it can lead to oil leakage.
- Towing a truck is allowed only for the tractor, but not for the trailer.
- If your truck is to be towed and only for a short distance, it is not necessary to dismantle the propshaft. Towing in this case should be done with the proper tow bar or tow rope.
- There is a difference between towing and hauling:
- Towing can also involve operable vehicles.
- Towing requires a partially inoperable vehicle.
In the Road Traffic Regulations STVO §15A regulates the towing of vehicles:
"(1) When towing a broken down vehicle on the highway, leave the highway (sign 330.1) at the next exit.
(2) When towing a vehicle that has broken down outside the freeway, do not enter the highway (sign 330.1).
(3) During towing, both vehicles shall have warning lights on."